Monday, October 08, 2007

1st Grade Says Goodbye !


Through many prayers and great hope they weren't enough. I'm sad to say that Mrs. Hatcher has gone to rest in the hands of the Great Almighty tonight. I prayed many nights and days that God would allow the healing of Brayden's first grade teacher Mrs. Hatcher. But His plans were different from ours and so we will rest with that.
She had been in Texas at a cancer clinic and they told her there was nothing more they could do. So on her way back to Searcy, to be in the care of a hospice nurse she passed on to another place while in transport home.
I never met Mrs. Hatcher, I saw her on the first day of school but never had the chance to talk to her I wish I had. She taught class for about 4 days and became ill with a pain in her side. From that point on the doctors found tumors on her liver, stomach and lungs. We were all in shock and heart broken. She lasted 6 weeks, so her struggle was not long at all. I watched a video tonight of Brayden and the first grade that I taped about 4 weeks ago. They sang a little song about a club they have there for them called "Kingdoms Kids." There sitting in the audience was Mrs. Hatcher beaming a big smile at those kids taking all kinds of pictures of them, wanting so bad to be teaching them and being involved in their little lives. I believe that was the last time she saw the kids. She became very ill after that and couldn't get around very well because of breathing problems.
My heart breaks for her family and her first grade class tonight. We explained it to Brayden but he didn't quite understand, one day he will. I asked on this blog for people to pray for her and thank you for doing that. Prayers don't always come out the way we think they should, but we know she is somewhere right now feeling love that words can not express that make our prayers worth while. May God bless her soul and bring comfort to her family, friends and the first grade class of Harding Academy. Pray for someone tonight who you think might need it. - Psalm 23

No comments: