Friday, December 14, 2007

Wheeling or Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This year will actually feel like Christmas. Me and the family are coming to Wheeling this year to celebrate the holiday. It's been three years since we have been there for Christmas, but things have kept us from getting up there. So I have been threatened by my Mother, that we have no choice. (It was a nice threat though)
So Friday we will make the trek to the Mountain state with three kids and a timeline to make. We only stop for diaper changes and gas. We eat in the SUV and have been blessed with two DVD players to keep the kids entertained.
My favorite part of the trip is when we go under the Arkansas border sign heading into Memphis. It's better than winning the Lottery, I grin from ear to ear, and Shannon hears my joy and screams. It's like the Steelers winning the super bowl, or the happiness of a prisoner leaving prison for the first time.
My 2nd favorite part of the trip is route 64 from Searcy to Memphis, (I actually hate thet part of the trip). I enjoy the name of the towns on that highway. We pass through Ebony, so I start doing my Stevie Wonder impression with my head swaying and my hands clapping. I start singing "Ebony and Ivory" which drives my wife nuts. Then we hit Earle, I sing "Earle had to die." It gives something to look forward too on that horrible Route 64. You either get stuck behind a Walmart truck or a huge tractor that takes up the whole stinkin road.
Of course I will complain about the gas prices and tell Shannon how greedy everybody is in the oil business and then I will blame it on "BUSH!"
When we hit Louisville me and Brayden will say "BOOOOOOOO!" because I don't like Louisville University. Then we hit Cincinnati and really let out the "BOO's" when we pass the Bengals stadium. Sorry Typo, "The BUNGLES!"
Our final leg of the trip is Columbus, we're CRANKY then. We think, should we stop at Aunt Myrna's or Missy's and stay the night. But we never do????? I "Man - Up." And make the trip all the way. Sounds like a fun trip, but to be home for awhile to see family and friends is worth it all. We'll see you all soon!

No comments: