Friday, July 30, 2010

Be Strong In God!


I don't know much about this house but that it is over 100 years old.  My family toured it while they were in South Carolina. It's an old plantation house that has a lot of history and probably a few ghosts lingering in it.  The picture really amazes me though, it still stands after a couple of hurricanes and tropical storms.  Amazing that something so old still is erect after all these years.

I put this picture up because it goes along with my thinking tonight.  We have just come back from a trip back home from West Virginia.  Every time I go there  I look at things in a strange way, I look at them thinking about how things have aged or look older.   Buildings look smaller to me now than they did then.  I don't know why they look smaller but they do.  I looked at every family member and friends and noticed how they have changed over the years and how they all have influenced my life in a positive way.  I often try to talk to and see everyone I can because who knows it might be the last time I see them.
You never know what life is going to bring you day after day.  Life can throw so many things at you all the time, and we want to be sure were ready when it comes.  I believe the building in the picture didn't know it was going to be hit by so much bad weather but it still remained strong through it all. Same with us we need to be prepared when life's storms hit us, we don't know what the situation will be, but being strong and faithful in Christ can make a difference.  Christ said we would face hardships every day because of His name.  That we were considered sheep to be slaughtered. Being a Christian is not what the world wants us to be, it wants us to follow it's pattern in life and that makes us weak.  Then when the storms of life come at us we falter and lose our ground.
Stand tall every day make yourself one with Christ.  Talk to him regularly and make life easier by being prepared to weather the storm.  Build your house on a solid foundation where storms can not break down your foundation.
Most people I know have been through a lot in life some more than others.  Yet, they continue to stand up when they are knocked down.  As we age in life we start to see things differently than we did in our youth.  We become more fragile physically as we age, yet we must keep our minds focused and strong in Christ.  Be strong through life and don't let Satan get to you, make your relationship in God be stronger every day you live.  Make it a priority to be in Him always so one day we may enter his house, a house not made by humans hands but eternal ones. God Bless!

No comments: