Monday, November 22, 2010

Family Feuds And The Roll Of The Peacekeeper

I have many things to be thankful for in my life.  I tell myself every day that the life God has handed me is blessed in every way possible. I'm not rich with great wealth nor am I a famous person.  I wish I was at least a little well off just to pay some debts off, but I don't think it's his desire for me. 

I'm thankful for so many different  things right now I couldn't even write them all down.  One thing I am truly blessed with is a family that gets along and truly loves each other.  I've never known my family to be at odds or at the point to where nobody is talking to each other.  It's just not our cup of tea.  I could say it's because we're all Christians and that is the main reason, but even families of the faith have these difficulties at times.  Sometimes each family has at least one or two people that are sensitive people who love to drag out an argument with hate or by shutting themselves completely off from other members of the family.  In most of these situations there is always somebody who believes so strongly in keeping the family together and at peace. I call them the peacemakers because they see deeper than the  blood that runs through each family member.  They believe in great love and they want what Christ wants, true love at all times. 

I love those that are keepers of the peace in battles of family feuds, they are the ones everybody hates because they think they just don't understand the situation.  They want them to side with them or another  side so they can add them to the fight, but they won't join, they stick themselves in the middle and will do anything to stop the fighting and show each side how to love one another. 

Christ did the same thing when he came to this Earth, he stuck himself in the middle of the family feud.  He hung between Heaven and Earth and absorbed the battle of hate and love so both sides would see him become the peacekeeper.  The peacekeeper is a vital part of our world as we feel and visualize the battle between heaven and hell.  Christ won and as the peacekeeper he is both adored and hated.  It's a roll nobody wants to play but somebody has to keep the peace in this crazy world, and that's all of us who are called Christians.  We are the peacekeepers until God sounds the horns and Jesus comes to bless us who followed the peacekeeping job.

No comments: