Monday, January 17, 2011

Missing Aunt Monna!

It's been a week since the passing of my Aunt Monna, and  I still can't believe she is gone.  She was a kind and giving person.  Her heart was always geared toward the concerns of others.

Living with a crippled leg caused by the Polio virus since she was little, it never seemed to stop her at all.  As she became older her brathing became somewhat limited and her strength to get around was geting harder also. 

In the end  the Polio that had hurt her earlier in life came back to be one of the main causes of her sudden death last Sunday.  She had what they called a Polio lung and her lungs became like a leather bag instead of a more flexible lung for her to breath easier. 

This picture was taken at her house on Christmas eve of this year where we celebrated my two boys birthdays. Little did I know it would be the last party and the last time I would see her.  We all caught the stomach virus and felt we didn't need to be around her in case she caught it.  I have plenty of good memories of my Aunt and am very sad she has left, but she is now where we all want to be. In the loving hands of our Creator! Rest in peace Aunt Monna. We love you and will truly miss you!

No comments: