Sunday, August 21, 2011

LIfe Is Rough, But God Can Make It Better!

In life there  are times when things are great and then things go bad, sometimes really bad!  Most days are great and then some are okay and then some days it feels like God has disappeared and our life has gone to hell.  Those are the days when I really believe God stands in the dugout of the field and allows us to pitch by ourselves. These are the days when things just go completely the wrong way. People treat you bad or just plain ignore you that you feel nonexistent.  It's a time when our faith is put to the test, God wants to see us shine through faith and beat this ugly test of life.

I remember the days leading up to  November of 2006,  things were great and then one day during that month things started bad and then my bad attitude turned very sour.  I was fired from my job!  I went four months without a job, I was looking hard but nobody seemed interested in me. I felt worthless, I was angry at the world and not too happy with God.  I was very disappointed in everything, I was not a good person to be around. After being terminated I became cocky and said to my wife somebody will hire me don't worry!  We did! I finally got my insurance license and spent a year doing that, but not much was panning from that either.

I found a radio station called Air one, it's a Christian station that became the turning point in my walk with God.  I started to see that my life had not been lived the way God wanted it to be lived.  I found humility was becoming my best friend during these hard times. I read a book by Joel Osteen that really hammered into me to start thinking about others. I found a book by Phillip Yancey that taught me about God's love and showed be how to live in his grace. I found different pieces to the puzzle that God was putting together for my life. That puzzle continues to be put together piece by piece by God's grace.

Life is hard for us all and  the speed bumps in this life are just reminders to us to become more reliant on God himself.  I'm thinking of some people I know right now that are going through some very hard times.  Life was good and then they found a speed bump to throw them off their intended path.  I wanted to share this section of my life to show that we all face battles in our lives and that through faith and humility we shall rise up in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ and continue on.

I did find a job after awhile, the pay was not good and the hours were part time, but I learned that through tough work and humility you can rise up and become better. I'm still at that current job and making much more in pay, been promoted twice in three years and I still continue to look back to where I was three years ago sweeping floors, loading heavy bricks and mulch to ungrateful customers.  Yet, it inspires me to think that God hired me at this job, he gave me what I needed and I showed him what I was made of.  He made me more faithful and toughened me up through humilty. This little phrase here is now how I see life.  Life is what you make it, by faith is how you build it!     Please stay strong in God and he will show you the great things he has in store for you.

No comments: