Tuesday, December 03, 2013

One Cold Christmas Morning.

When I was 12 years old I had a paper route, and I hated it.  I had to walk up steep hills and throw the paper as far as I could to hit the right spot by the door.  My Dad helped me deliver Saturday and Sundays papers every weekend. It became a nuisance after a year, so I held onto it for a total of two years and then passed it on to someone else.

The worst part  about the paper route was delivering the morning Christmas paper.  I just didn't what to get up at the crack of dawn to deliver a piece of paper that no one would read until after all the presents were unwrapped. It was just pointless!

My last year of my route I remember that freezing Christmas morning for some odd reason.  I was actually enjoying that peaceful Christmas morning.  A thought ran through my mind about the birth of Christ. Something I'll never forget.  I listened to the peace around me and thought is it possible that this date might actually be the day of his birth?  That's really the only thing I thought about, it's not a deep one but it actually brought peace to my heart to think about it.

We have no idea of the actual date of his birth but ever since that cold Christmas morning I think about Jesus and his birth every year.  I'm past the point in my life where presents are the only thing that matters, I think of Jesus and how blessed I am to always be surrounded by family that love him as much as I do on Christmas morning.

As you get up Christmas morning stop for a little bit and think of the most humble birth in the history of the human race. Don't let anyone stop you from remembering your saviors birth because of legalistic reasons.  Your heart in Christ is more important to God than anything else. Remember the reason for the season. Bring joy to your heart by giving to others and remembering your own personal relationship with Jesus.


Posted via Blogaway

No comments: