Saturday, August 01, 2015

How Much Do You Pray?

I often wonder how much people pray. Are they praying daily?  Do others pray out of necessity? Am I praying enough? Do others pray more than I do?

I try to pray a lot, but do I pray enough? Does anybody think like that too? My favorite time to pray is as soon as I lay down to sleep. I think that is the only time of the day I'm not rushed.

Morning prayers are not as intense because I'm always rushing to get ready for work. I don't feel they're as intimate as my night time prayers. Therefore I feel like I'm cheating God out of his time for praise also I'm cheating myself.

I really don't think God is concerned about us wondering who is praying more. I think that's stupid for me to even think.  It's a concern to me for some reason.  The Bible says to pray continuously,always putting God first and the world's interest last. I really believe we've all put prayer time on the back burner. I hate it when I do that.

God is the reason I'm here, he is the reason for every day I live and the reason I've been blessed. There are some really strong prayer warriors in our world today. There are people people praying for you and me right now that we don't even know they are doing it.

I prayed about someone the other night that I didn't really know, but I felt it was my place to pray for them. I felt they needed it and it felt good to give them the blessing of that prayer. Prayers are powerful, you can say anything, ask for anything or just thank God for everything.

God is my therapist and prayer is my therapy. If I didn't pray I couldn't make it through the day or even life. Not everybody is going to listen to every problem or thanksgiving we need to say, but God through Jesus Christ will listen to everything we have to say. To me that in itself is a true blessing.

Give God a prayer every day no matter what time it is and he will listen!


Posted via Blogaway

No comments: