Saturday, May 22, 2010

Crossing Our Bridges Of Fear!

I have known people to be very leary about crossing this bridge back home. It is the Wheeling Suspension bridge built by the indians that resided there in the late 1800's.  It is a steel bridge that crosses the Ohio River from Wheeling, WV to Wheeling Island.  As you go across it you can feel it move and to some that is frightening, especially to one of my Aunts.

In life we all have to cross bridges in life that frighten us sometimes. We have to take the risks that God puts in front of us.  Our fear keeps us away from crossing those bridges in life, and doesn't allow our faith in God to be true.  A lot of times I feel an urge to take a risk in life but I often weigh the negatives out first before I see the optimistic views.  The negatives always win, and then my faith in God wasn't executed the way He planned it.  Does God frown when we don't take risks of faith?  Does He sit back and watch us screw up a good decision because our faith was weak? Tough questions to answer but Satan is the author of these questions.  I believe God if He was right here in front of me physically would say go ahead try it, see what happens when you do it in faith and see what happens when I am behind it. Great things will prevail and He won't disappoint us.  We may go through tough times when we cross a bridge of fear but that is when our faith comes in handy.  We always have a bigger source behind us to get us through. 

So today if you have a bridge that needs crossing and your fear is bigger than your faith, just reverse those orders and let your faith determine the outcome, then maybe we'll see each other on the other side of that bridge!

No comments: