Saturday, May 01, 2010

Bad Weather Allowed Me To See the Strength Of Our God!

The past couple of days here in Arkansas has really been bad for weather.  Tornadoes, severe thunderstorms and dangerous lightning have bullied our state.  And I am not a huge fan of any of this, at all.

Many have lost a lot in the past 48 hours to tornadoes and bad straight line wind.  I have seen many pictures and many news reports in the past 48 to last me for awhile. I can't say I am not fearful of any type of severe weather,  I would be lying if I said I wasn't.

We've been lucky here in our town of Searcy lately.  A tornado ripped through a small town a few miles from here at the end of March.  I took a drive to see what the damage was like.  What little there was amazed me, you could see a path right through a wooded area that had half trees standing.  The trees were laid down and some were standing with the tops twisted off them.  Tonight, a huge black cloud past overhead where I work and I was ready to see something awful happen.  There was a slight twist to the clouds and it just made me think how powerful our God can be.  It started raining and lightning bad and then it all stopped and complete stillness in the air. That's a bad sign, a possible tornado could come down and take away everything we had.  I thought as I stood there and watched that cloud pass over, what would my chances be of running from it? What would it be like to be  caught in one of natures greatest display of strength? I didn't want to find  out!

I think of the same thing when Christ comes back to destroy all evil. What will it be like if he says to you and I that we are not going with Him to Heaven? Life would be darker than we have ever seen it.  I believe the devastation would be worse or about as bad as that tornado coming down and sweeping us away from all eternity.  Our God is a powerful being who wants no one to perish, but if we don't start living in Him our path will become tornadic.  Life will be no more, and we will be in that dark cloud forever.  Today I am going to live for Him and not for the world.

No comments: