Tuesday, May 08, 2012

On Stage With No Parent Watching

For some reason every time I go to watch my kids school programs I always think the same thing. It's a proud moment for a child to perform for their parents. You always see them at some point looking for someone. Looking for a parent or a grandparent in the crowd. They love to see their support in the crowd.

But I always think about the orphan who has no one there to watch them. I know it must be a dreadful feeling to have when there is nobody there to give them a wave, a smile of pride or a massive camera flash in the face.

It saddens me to think that there are children who have nobody to give them love or nobody to fill that void. Take a moment and think about what I have just written. It melts your heart when you really think about it.

I am lost for words just thinking about the loneliness these children must feel. I remember the days of school programs and graduations. I always had my loving family there to support me and take thousands of pictures. Sometimes from from all the flashes I felt like Ray Charles and had to be led off the stage from temporary blindness. But it was worth it just to be loved and cheered.

Tonight let's remember the children who were given up by their real parents and thrown to a children's home for somebody else to care for them.

Pray for all children tonight that God will lead them to people who will love them and cherish them as if they were their own. God bless the children of the world!

No comments: