Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Kramer say it ain't so!


Just when we thought racism was getting better. Kramer drops a bomb, A HUGE BOMB! I recently watched the video on youtube.com. I was offended. I just found about this incident when Michael Richards apologized on Letterman the other night. I thought it was a joke. I kept watching and waiting for the punch line or waiting for Richards to do something crazy. But it never happened.
Seinfeld is my all time favorite show. Kramer was the best part of the show. I have seen every episode at least 20 times. But I watched the show the other night and just couldn't feel the same about it.
If you haven't seen the video yet you don't know the hateful things he said to those african- american people. And as a white male I feel bad for the people he said them to.
Basically Richards was in the middle of his stand up and a group of people arrived late. They were a group of fifteen of mixed color. The two guys he was yelling at were on the Today show and told their side of it. They were really not doing anything, but it was enough to send Richards on a ranting tirade of hateful words. The most hurtful part of the video was the way he used the "N" word. And this is the way he said it: "He's a N@##*r ! , He's a N&#*@r! , He's a N&%%#r! Throws his tailend out! He didn't use the word tailend either. He continued to say more horrible things after that. Man He dropped a BOMB!
I'm still shocked at what he said. I can't believe in racism. There is not a racist bone in my body. Now sometimes I have judged the way a person looked and dressed and wondered if I was going to be held up at the store. But I've thought that about black or white people. But I feel ashamed that people are racist, there is know need to be. We are all human beings, there is know need for that kind of evil.
Now back to the Richards situation. He had to have a chip on his shoulder that night. It wasn't only the words he used, it was the way he said them. He was so hateful when he said them. It was really like he meant what he said. He wasn't being funny at all.There was just no need for that kind of response with such anger. And I know he apologized but he needs to apologize face to face to the people he offended. Those two men looked like decent guys. And I felt sorry for them.
I pray we don't look at people for their color. Don't judge a book by it's cover. And that's what we all do. Even I am guilty of such judgement. God doesn't judge by color he judges what's under that color. The heart of every man is what matters to our God.
I still like Kramer on Seinfeld and I'm not judging him, but I pray for Richards and his anger problems. He said he would get help. I hope so! I hope we all get help. Not from man But from God!

No comments: