Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gobble, Gobble !


Today is Thanksgiving. And as I write this it's almost over. And the Christmas shopping has begun. Except for those who are waiting in line at Wal-mart right now for the playstation 3. Which is crazy! I would rather be sitting playing my old x-box in the comfort of my own home. But to each his own, I guess.
There are so many things to be thankful for this year. I'm thankful that I am a Christian. It's good to be a child of God. I couldn't be more thankful for that. I'm thankful for my wife and my children. They are my life. No price could be laid before me to not be with my family. If someone gave me Superbowl tickets or a million dollars. I would rather be poor and spend everyday with them. Time is precious. I need all that time to spend with them.
I'm thankful for my parents. They chose to follow God and I will do the same. I feel sorry for those children who's parents chose to not follow Christ. They have let their children down. They have wasted their childrens life. That is what's wrong with the kids of this generation. People question the answer to this problem. Bad parenting! Letting their children think freely is ok. But let them just be free and make their own decisions. They need guiding not x-box. I'm glad my parents chose the right direction for me and my sister. They will be rewarded for it.
I'm thankful for the country we live in. I kind of put that on the back burner for awhile. It was there but I didn't put much thought into it, until today.
I'm not in agreement with Bush on Iraq. Actually I don't care for him at all. I'll save that for another day, I didn't vote him in so that monkey is off my back. But I read a news story about what happened over there today. It gave me chills. It started by descibing a wedding car that was blown to shreads, blood stains ran down the side of the vehicle engulfed in flames. Body parts lay blown apart on the ground. A suicide bomber drove a car into another part of the town carrying 200 pounds of explosives and exploded in a shopping area throwing sharp pieces of metal into the crowded area. I believed it killed alot of people. I don't the number but it was devastating! This violent attack made the Michael Richards problem look like a little scuffle on the playground.
Iraq is a disaster over there. There will probably be no end to it either. That's what happens when you shake up a hornets nest with no plan. But I thank God that so far we have remained safe. I can credit Bush for that. Pray that the violence stops and these people can get a long. They need to realize that killing yourself and others doesn't get you to Heaven.
I'm thankful for all my family back home, that they all remain true to God and the church. They have all been an example to me. And I love them for it.
And finally I'm thankful for my friends. They have all brought me good times. I hope they continue to do so.
I pray for all us that we always be grateful for what we have. I pray that we will not be arrogant and proud. Let us always be humble and pray for those we see acting like this. God has given us a great promise through his son. Live a good life and resist temptation,and we will be rewarded at the end. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: