Wednesday, December 23, 2009

We're Not Lucky, But Blessed


All my life I have always said I am lucky.  I recently had a thought run through my mind that found that to be untrue. We all say we have had some kind of luck come into our lives, but it wasn't luck was it?  It was something else.  I believe everything was set in place a long time ago to happen in our lives.  It's a story and that I believe is what were are living.  Reasons behind everything that happens in our lives each day.  So, the thought that ran through my mind is all part of the process that God Almighty is putting into my life as a story.  Nothing is luck it's a blessing from  Him. 

I try to put into perspective why so many are given to greatness and many are put into poverty and loneliness.  Why others are given much and others are given so little.  I remember when Jesus healed a man and his disciples asked him who sinned his parents or him.  And Jesus said to them neither, but it was for the glory of God to shine through.  It was a blessing for him to be blind so that he could see the gift of healing and praise God for his blessing that has been put in his story of life.

Last week we were driving back from Little Rock and as we were headed home we stopped off at some stores.  As we approached the on ramp, it stopped suddenly and I veered off to the side of the highway.  I just happened to be looking in the rearview mirror and saw two cars slam into each other.  I said I was lucky, but then realized I was blessed by God to have not been invovled. 

What we think as luck is not, but is a contiuned chapter of our life that God has planned to happen in our lifes story.  I thought about my past life and thought my life could be read as a book.  It may be boring, but my life reads like a story.  If you think about all the predicaments we have gotten ourselves into there has always been a way or a blessing from God to get us out and over such things.  We think it is luck, but it is a blessing from the author of our storied lives. 

How do we use these blessings?  If you win the lottery how do you use that blessing?  God gave it to you for a reason.  Not to consume it all for yourself, but to use to help those who are in rough shape.  Blessings are a test from God, he wants to see how we use it for his good.  When I lost my job a couple of years ago, I lurked in my own fears on how I was going to be able to get out of this mess.  God wanted me to pray for his help.  I did for a long time, he gave me a new job and taught me the lesson through His blessing to be faithful and not to take  anything for granted that He has blessed me with.  A friend of mine had recently lost his job, and now I am telling him my story of that hard time in my life.  I told him to pray and not take anything for granted that God had blessed him with.  My hardship had happened to bring God his glory.

Were not lucky, but blessed with great blessings from God above.  Our cup overflows more than we know.  We live in His grace everyday, and through his grace we shall tell others about our great story.  So that His glory may be praised.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: