Sunday, September 05, 2010

Memories Of The Past

I often wonder if in heaven if we will be allowed to relive the great moments in our past life.  If we do I want the memories of this farm to be one of many.  This is a picture of  my Aunt & Uncles house and farm that my cousin sent to me.  Aunt Hazel and Uncle Carl were the best people I ever knew. They knew how to make a holiday special when all the family arrived. 

Fond memories these are of mine, and I will always cherish.  The things I remember of them and their farm house is the best homemade bread anyone has ever made.  It was the best!  I remember my Papaw and Uncle Carl sitting in lawn chairs under the apple trees talking about anything for hours. Papaw would be smoking his pipe and Uncle Carl would be chewing I believe  Beech Nut chew. 

I remember us cousins playing in their huge yard and going and watching the chickens and the other animals do their thing. I remember my cousin Drew and I playing on their natural gas tank. For some reason we were always drawn to that thing.  Our many trips to their pond to fish was also something special, my sister one time caught a huge snapping turtle there.  I remember seeing a cow patty for the first time and how horrible the smell was, it would become a favorite smell in later years.  I remember the bon fires we would build there and the roasting and burning of hot dogs and marshmallows.  The few times we spent the night we would sleep on the front screened in porch and just listen to the bugs and the outside noises.  WOW, I miss those days!

I am very blessed by God to be born in to this family of mine.  I often think about this farm and how beautiful it really was, it was almost something out of a storybook.  It seems to captivate my mind all the time, I wish there was a way to go back to these times and capture all the moments I saw.  If only!

God is going to have a huge surprise for us on the day he comes back to take us all home, great things we can't even imagine.  How awesome it is to have such a hope. To know if  I finish the race in this life believing and being faithful to God and his son, I will be blessed in this great hope forever, and maybe I will be able to fish in that pond one more time.. Thank you Lord !

No comments: