Friday, March 23, 2012

Time

A clock ticks for us all in life. We all say time is going by too fast and that there are not enough hours in the day. I believe the world spins at the same speed everyday and so our clocks tick at the same speed also.
I have realized over the past few years that I haven't been spending my time right. As I grow older I think of two things.
1) is that I think about myself a lot and about why my life hasn't turned out the way I thought or planned it.
2) I think about how useless it is that we think more about worthless things than we do about serving others. Which I call God's work.

I love to hear about people who are doing great things in the name of God. It excites me because I get pumped up and want to do the same things. Then life's other activities take over and I don't get the chance to do those other things.
My time needs to be spent better. We all need to spend our time more effectively. Our focus for all of us is different but if we all believe in a graceful creator then all our goals should all be the same. God's work, to win as many as possible.
God's work doesn't have to start out huge it can be done in the smallest things.
Just showing compassion to others is a huge start. Giving your time sometimes is more worthwhile than giving your money. Praying for others can be one of the greatest things ever. I feel so much better when I offer up a prayer for others or for somebody I don't even know. When the results come back good for that person you get a great feeling deep down that you were part of the results because out of faith you prayed.
How do you spend the precious seconds that tick away on your clock in life? Is every second worthwhile or are they just worthless ticks that don't mean nothing?
Today I'm going to give something to somebody. Today I want every tick on my clock in life to be remembered. The time is to start now, change your life as you change the lives of others.

No comments: