Thursday, November 01, 2012

Our loving God!

It was an honor this past Sunday night to baptize my middle child Macy. She asked me if she could get baptized a couple of months ago. I hesitated about it because of her age (9). I felt she was too young, but I was wrong. She understands the reason for the process. Plus, who was I to judge her decision. God had obviously determined this for her, so I had no right to say no. So I am very proud of her for making a great decision most adults can't make themselves.

Our place in this world as followers of Christ is an important one. When he said go and preach his word to all nations he meant it. I write this blog in honor of his request. I want to reach the world in spreading the good news of Jesus Christ.

My prayer is to ask God to write through me beautiful things about him. Our God is not a hateful god but a kind, gracious and loving being. He is determined to save all his people. He is determined to get his message out to all people. He uses his followers to get his work done, yet even if we turned against him he would still get it done without us.

Tonight if you are not a Christian and are sitting on the fence about believing or not believing take a look around your world and see God. Don't listen to those who don't believe just listen to your heart. Listen to the quiet around you. Look at everything you have been blessed with. Most of all look at creation and it's beauty. There you'll find God right there with his hand stretched out waiting for you. He's there you just have to let go of everything and maybe say a prayer or just talk out loud. Talk to him he's there.

Some times there are other Christians who do more damage than most atheists can ever do. Some Christians are into Condemning by scaring people away with their words. Don't listen to them.

Listen to those that speak and preach lovingly. Christ was a loving savior yet he spoke the truth in love. There is no greater example of God than his own son. Look to him by reading the bible. There you will find your savior. Believe, just believe and goodness will flow through you.

My prayer is for all to believe and know how awesome our God is. He loves everybody and he loves you!

No comments: