Friday, November 30, 2012

We're All Lost Sometimes!

It doesn't matter who you are, we all get lost in this world. Ive been feeling this way for awhile. I finally understand how it feels to be lost and lose touch with God. Our world can really pull us away into our own bubble sometimes. Busyness and other activities can weigh us down to the point that God is put on the back of the shelf.

I've allowed too much to get between God and I. I feel right now that life and I are in a 12 round boxing match and the ring feels lopsided. Life is winning and I'm allowing it to keep throwing punches and every punch draws me away from him.

I'm glad it's getting close to Christmas and I can see the importance of this season. When I think of his birth it humbles me. When I think of his death upon a rugged cross it makes me feel honored that he would lay down his life for someone unimportant like you and I. He endured the pain of death and the entire world's sin because we are important to him.

When I hear of some of the cruel things other Christians say about others it hurts me. Most of us haven't grasped the true meaning of Christ. Many hate Christians because they say we are judgemental and many are. There were times in my life when I was one of those judgmental followers of Christ, but it took the loving hand of God to allow me to see the real and compassionate Christ. I finally saw Jesus for who he really is by reading and studying a lot.

I'm thankful now when I become ignorant and lose sight of God and his son, that they give me the help and clarity I need. The ability to see them through the crowds of life. Satan has a lot of ability to allow us to push away God and put other things first. Our priorities can easily get construed and put us on a path we were not meant to be on. Christ will always wait till we finally realize we have traveled down the wrong road and we don't recognize this part of life. When we finally ask for directions we see him with a lamp in his hand guiding us to safety.

If you're lost right now don't worry we all are. We're in a world not meant for us, our home is in heaven with Jesus. He's just a prayer away. He might be just a song away or a video away. That's how it happened to me. I heard a song and then saw a video that made me realize I was lost. You can find Jesus in everything good. He's there calling to us all to come home because we've drifted off on our own path. Stay firm and just do whatever you can to get your focus back on Christ. He doesn't need to find you, you need to find him because he's always right beside us. It's us who have moved way from him, he never left.

No comments: