Saturday, March 17, 2007

AHH! St. Patty's Day, Finally :)


My second favorite day of the year, finally arrived. My 1st favorite day of course is Christmas, DUH!
There is nothing better than celebrating your families heritage. I often think about my ancestors and wonder when and how they arrived to the United States. I wonder what their names were and what they looked like.
When this time of year rolls around it's a new begging of life for the earth. The Redbud, Bradford Pears and the forsythia are out in full bloom already. It's a wonderful sight. The Creator dresses his planet like a bride dresses for her wedding.
I am happy that my ancestor's were from Ireland. When I see pictures of its green pastures and other beautiful landscapes it takes my breath away. But to live in Ireland hasn't always been a peaceful one for those have been in the midst of the constant wars for centuries.
Thar's why I am glad they came over here instead. If it weren't for them making the voyage on rough seas and probably not the best living conditions on those boats, I probably would be living over there. But I'm not! I proud to be Irish and German, but I'm proud to be in the country I live in. Even with all the junk that goes on over here, we still are able to keep our country and it's citizens at somewhat peace. Thank the Lord everyday for The United States of America.

No comments: