Monday, April 23, 2007

Be Grateful!


"Be content with what you have, but not who you are."
I saw another sign today, it was on our sign at College Church. It's so true with a human being that we are never content with what we have. We always want more stuff, and we are sometimes happy in our position in life. But as Christians we should do the opposite of the world. Don't worry with stuff you have or stuff you can't afford to have. But be grateful with a roof, some clothing and food. That should be enough. The world doesn't think so companies keep shoving everything done our throats. Tempting us with trustworthy ads and make us continue to buy more and more. We should be happy with everything we have and be not be satisfied with our stature as a Christian. We should everyday be more like Christ doing as much good as we can. The world says we can be anything we strive to be, not true the world has hidden limitations. Where in Christ the sky is the limit.
I just got done studying the book of Revelations and I always feel a slap in the face when I read it. To read the final chapters really makes you think about the end of this earth and the coming of Christ and his Kingdom. Reality always sets in after exploring the pages of this book. I need to do more; we all need to do more. Like the sign said don't be content with who you are.
I found this picture on the Internet and it always bring me great joy. To hope that this is what will happen when I leave this place and see Jesus there giving me a big holy hug.
My prayer list: I have been praying hard for a friend who discovered she had cancer. The lump was removed and has not spread anywhere in her body or the lymph nodes. God does answer prayer. Now my prayer is for her financial being. She has no health insurance and will be needing Chemotherapy. Please pray for Tammy Pickens and all her troubles. Thanks
May God be with us all!

No comments: