Saturday, April 28, 2007

Funny Sign!


I thought this was quite humorous. I don't know this man's situation but I don't think his kids need karate lessons. Down in Little Rock there are men who hold up signs that say they need money for some reason or other. They stand on the off ramps on Cantrell road and Rodney Parham road. These are the busiest places in Little Rock. When I worked down there I would pass by and see one guy standing there and then a couple hours later there would be someone else standing there with the same sign.
Come to find out they're with a group that portrays themselves as homeless and they all live at the same campground together. They're are not poor they are scammers. Channel 7 did a report on it not to long ago, and I haven't seen any of them around lately. But I did see under a bridge the other day when I was down there a man living under one of the bridges of the interstate, he had all his belongings with him there. What a shame!
I do have one story about one of those men that hung out on one of the off ramps holding his sign. I was making a delivery of mulch and I had just delivered it. As I was stopped on the off ramp I was the first one in line. It was five o' clock traffic, so I had about 50 cars behind me where I was stopped at the light. Well the gas gage on the truck looked like I had enough gas, I didn't it lied. So the truck stalls out, and I saw that guy holding the sign and motioned to him. I wanted him to tell people to go around me. He didn't get it! I was stressing so he jumps in the back of the truck. What is he jumping in the back of the truck for I thought. So I jumped out and told him to get out of the truck, I wasn't very kind about it either. I got a truck out of gas, I'm in rush hour traffic with 500 cars behind me and I have a homeless guy in the back of my truck looking for a free ride. How can you be nice in that situation? So luckily I found a gas can in the back with like two squirts of gas in it. I put the gas in the truck and I told the guy I was sorry and gave him a dollar. Not a good day!!!!!!!!! As I got back to the nursery I told the story to the owner, a very humorous gentleman. He loved it when funny stuff happened to me. He was paying me back from the time when he was in a bad car accident. He came back to the nursery with a neck brace and his jaw wired shut and scratches all over his face and I told him he looked like Darth Vader when Luke took off his mask in Return of the Jedi. He thought it was funny but he worked me to death after he returned to work. Anyhow that's enough blabbering for now. Everybody have a good weekend and a great week and take God wherever you go.

No comments: