Monday, April 30, 2007

One Impressive Baseball Coach!!!!!!!!!!



When I played baseball I always had the worst coaches with crummy attitudes. They played their sons the whole game and usually they were the worst player on the team. Their sons always made the the all-star team. Bucky Davidson was the only exception. His Dad was the coach and he was the best player always in the league. So kudos to him.
But I have experienced a new excellence in Little League coaching. Brayden had a good coach last year and we were happy with him, he took time to help the kids learn the basics. But there is not another coach in the league that can top this years coach. Me and Shannon hoped and prayed that Brayden would get Shane Fullerton this year. And the night Shane called me I was so excited! Shane is our Sunday Bible class teacher and a pretty good one at that. He is the girls basketball coach at Harding. Me and Shane went to Harding together and we were in the same social club together Theta Tau. So I have known him for awhile.
How many coaches tell their players to play with the attitude of Jesus, and how many coaches say a prayer with his players in the huddle at the end of each game. I'm over impressed!!!!!!! He encourages each player even if they make a mistake, and is impressed with their ability just as long as they try.
We need more Coach Fullerton's in this world. I thank God every night for all the examples he shows me in my life. Shane is high on my list.

No comments: