Saturday, February 16, 2008

February 15th 2008


I can't believe it's been 20 years today since my Grandfather passed away. Time is flying fast anymore, and it just goes by you before you know it. I often wonder what he is doing now, where he is. A question we all wonder about anybody who dies. I wonder what anybody who's passed on would think about the world right now.
It just seems like things are going to pot. People are just getting worse, doing things that are incomprehensible in my mind. Another shooting at a University, another big time baseball player lying about steroid use. I'm sure somebody was murdered or raped today. The government and economy is a mess right now. People are just living their lives in pure filth. It's like nobody has any remorse for taking another persons life. Or has any care about the way they live their lives anymore.
What's going on?
It's sad to me! You can't tell anybody that they need to change their lives and make things better for themselves. They'll yell back at you and say who are you to judge me. What's the point of helping anybody anymore. You see somebody in need and you want to help them, but the first thing that comes to your mind is: "Are they scammers?" or do they really need help.
A confusing world we live in, but when you think about the evil we see today, has gone on since the world was created so it's nothing new to this planet. Nowadays, it's like people take evil to the extreme or put a new spin on it to make it seem worse. That's where I ask the question of what would those who have passed to the other side would think. Would they just say that it all happened when they were present in this life or would they be in total shock by what goes on in todays world.
That's why it says to put on the full armor of God. Protect you and your family with everything God has to offer us through his son, his Church, his holy word. Keep a Godly mind and strengthen that mind with everything that is from God. Do not be friends with the world or love nothing in the world. Keep yourself in good company, don't get caught up in the wrong crowd. Being with good people will keep you from going in the wrong direction in life. We need to stress this to our children, it was preached to me all the time by my parents and that has stuck with me today.
There have been times in the past when I got with the wrong crowd and decided that was not the scene I needed to be with. I think about where I am in life right now and the people that are in our Bible class, this is where I want to be. Good people willing to protect me and my family and I would do the same for them. More people need to realize that for their lives.
You hang out with drug addicts you'll soon become one. You stick with negative people you will be just like them. You hang out with Christians you'll become one. You hang out with a loving Grandfather or Papaw you might become a good grandfather one day.
Whatever the inhabitants do on this earth whether good or evil, I know I will finish the race that I have been running. Faith in God till the last breath will get you to very good and eternal surroundings.

No comments: