Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Rough Weather Night In Arkansas



Rough night for all of us in Arkansas and across the south. Searcy lucked out on this one, but the towns of Atkins, Clinton and others towns didn't. 6 or 7 tornadoes have been declared so far and I am sure we will find out more tomorrow.
Let me explain the scenario of this kind of weather. It was 70 degrees here today, we had gulf stream winds blowing up from the south and then cold front winds coming from the other direction. Basically the two wind patterns form a cross pattern and the atmosphere winds go crazy. So we waited for 3 hours for the storms or squal line to hit Searcy but we slid right through the rough part of the bad weather. Lucky us!
These are actual pictures of the tornadoes and the devastation in Atkins, AR today. Pray for the communities of Atkins and Clinton. I sometimes wonder why I live here. I don't get nervous until the sirens go off, then I really start biting my nails.

No comments: