Wednesday, August 05, 2009

A Crazy Way To Wake Up


I went to bed last night about 12:30. I sat up and finished reading the book by C S Lewis titled "The Great Divorce." It was about 1:30 am when I finished the book, so I turned out the lights and fell asleep. I was sleeping in Brayden's bed and Cayden was asleep on the floor beside me. I was sound asleep, I mean I was in deep sleep. Comatosed in sleep. I know I was dreaming something, but have no clue what it was about. Whatever it was I was peacefully dreaming it.
At 3:40 am Shannon came busting through the door yelling, "Get up!!!!!" Boy, did I! Without any haste, I sprang up as if a drill Sargent was in my face yelling at the top of his lungs at me. She said, "My mom called and said we need to take cover because a tornado was close by or heading in our direction!" I woke from a peaceful dream to a scene out of Wizard of Oz. Wind was blowing, thunder was rolling and cracking and the Sirens were going off.
So, I got up and got dressed and we headed out the door to go down to our safety room. We have to go outside to get to the room below us. As we headed out the door Macy had a blanket over her head I was holding Cayden and Shannon had the Storm Station in her hand. The lightning was so intense and the rain was just whipping around our heads. It was quite frightening. I kind of enjoyed it though. I was shaking not because of the possibility of a tornado hitting our house, but because of being awakened in such a Hellish way. I told her after it was over I have never been awakened like that ever. I still am laughing about it. I thought somebody had broke into the house the way she came storming into the room.
I didn't get back to sleep until 5:30 am and didn't wake up until 10:30. I do remember seeing the storm map up on the screen before I went to bed. I think I will pay attention for now on.

No comments: