Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Missing My Grandmothers


Yesterday we had Grandparents day and it was a wonderful time at Harding Academy.  I looked at every grandparent and saw their great joy and pride they had in their grandchildren.  The relationships between the kids and their grandma and grandpa is a special one.  It's amazing to see the glory of the Lord through this relationship of human beings.  I know my parents are proud of my children and who they are and how wonderful it is for them to be here and be around them.  This is love at it's best.

I always get kind of emotional on grandparents day.  I some times feel a little jealousy, because my kids know both sets of their grandparents and I never did.  I never knew my grandmothers.  My dad's mother I vaguely remember and my mom's mother died when my mom was young.  So i often wonder what they were like, what their voices sounded like.  How loving they would have been?  Or what kind of cookies they made? Would they be proud of me?  I really don't know a whole lot about them, But I know they were very kind and loving women.   Just to hear them say my name would be a blessing.  I do long for the day when we will all be together and we will all share eternity together.  At least believing in a loving and kind God there is hope to see those from the past again.  There will be no pain, no fears and no sadness.  What a great day that will be.  Take time to remember the people in your family you never met and be glad we'll see them in heaven.

No comments: