Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Peace of Mind.


This morning we talked about peace. How do you find it or describe it?  My answer to this two part question is simple.  I think we all need to find a peace of mind.  Our minds need to slow down and think of  things other than the worries of today and the future.  We have no control over what is in the future or today.  It comes as it happens, our ability to handle the terrible situations means we must take it on with God by our side.  We must start today in being deep rooted in our beliefs and the word of God.  As we are rooted well in our faith and our knowledge of God's word the battle will not seem so overwhelming. I have done this well.  I truly believe I can handle some tough situations just because I have a tough faith and good understanding I am not alone.  God is with me and you.

Now worrying is not my thing.  I have my fathers genes, he is chilled out about everything, but I am nowhere near his calmness.  I have some of my mother's genes also.  I won't get into that. :)  But a peace of mind I am working hard on, I really believe that all things work out for those who believe.  I try not to focus to far ahead in the future, I just see what the day will bring.  I have always believed that worrying is someone else's problem not mine.  Nothing really gets me frazzled and I focus on what I might be able to do to make the problem less of a hassle.  That usually works.  But our mind needs to slow down a lot.  I know we all  have pressures in our families, our workplace and other areas of life, but we need to offer our problems to God.   I got a little worked up this weekend because my heart started its funny heart beat and I couldn't understand why it was doing it. I'm on medicine, but I prayed and it has since quit doing it.  A relief!

With all the things going on in our world it adds to the stress, but I decided to turn off the 24 hour news stations and just ignore all the lies they state to get their ratings up.  The news stations bring a lot of garbage to us.  It's to the point where you can't believe anybody on there.  So it's gone from my TV, and life has been less of a worry.  I read a lot of Christian living books, these books have brought peace to my mind.  I have a list of them in the right hand column on this blog.  They are defintely worth reading.

As I look at this picture of pumpkins I get a good sense of relief looking at them.  I believe God gave us holidays and the decorations that come with them to give us relief, a peace of mind.  Fall is a sign of change in our world and our lives.  Just like in our own lives we can have a season of change every day, if we allow it.  God wants us to change for the good in all things.  To become better at life and better in him.  To find that peace of mind that only he can give.  Give yourself a break and do something great.   Take time to help others and give them some peace in their mind.  Make room for God and he will clean out those worries on your mind.  Be blessed with peace in him and you will find things will be better.

No comments: