Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Faith In God- Not Money!


The only time I think I worry about anything is when we have a shortage of money and finding the right career in a small town! Those two things are constantly on my mind. But when money shows up I'm in a better mood about things and a feel a little better about living in a small town. I've never had a commission based job before and I'm kind of 60-40 about it. The 60% percent of it is I like the freedom. The 40% is that I like what I sell, but the commission STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just another company that fills you with alot of hype saying you could make $150 thousand a year. OK, maybe in Little Rock or New York but not in Searcy and it's surrounding area. I thought about all the people that have tooted their wealthy horn at me the past couple months and I put all their stories and locations they started out in together. And I can see they had a huge population and a huge business buffet in front of them. So they made their money and had a lot of businesses to go to. Not so with me I've hit about every business in Searcy and not quite as satisfied as they are.
But no matter what, I've had some kind of money come through. It was the Grace of God that has showed me that He will not let me starve. My faith in Him has grown strong because of His mercy and greatness, and to Him I stand in awe.
I went into AFLAC thinking I would make good money. Not true! This is a job that has a process that can draw out for a long time. It's the businesses that can put you on hold for awhile. It drives me nuts because I need a paycheck and they are poking around. It just seems to be a pain after awhile.
That brings me to my next thought. I know of so many people I would like to help if I had the money to do it. But it never seems to pan out. So I think the people in the world who have money are the wrong ones. Do you ever think that? You would think that if God wanted us to help the poor and the needy why did people like the Trumps or the Bill Gates get so filthy rich and those of us who want to help others and not hoard it for ourselves not get it? I'm sure Trump and Gates do give a lot of money to charities. But is it out of the kindness of their heart or because it's a tax write off. I think it's because of the taxes!
So I put those thoughts together and tried to come up with an answer. God has given us Christians a more powerful thing than money, He gave us His Son. And through His Son we have the power of Faith and with faith comes a heart felt prayer and great compassion toward others.
Sure we could pay the bills for those in need and feed the hungry. But with the power of Christ we do it out of love and faith. Usually it's all done by a network of loving Christians not just by one individual. The love of a nationwide Christian network was there helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina way before Bill Gates money was. It's not the American government establishing Churches of Christ's in places like Uganda or Honduras. It's hard working Christians backed by an eternal bank of love from God.
Prayer and Faith have helped more people in this world than money ever could. And that's a hard and true fact. A strong prayer followed by great action by many, and a faith that can move mountains in God will always get the job done. Put your Faith in God! Not money!

No comments: