Thursday, June 25, 2009

God Is Looking From Above



I found this picture on a friends Facebook page. I thought it was quite awesome. It has a Godly reference to it. I looked at it for awhile and thought is this what our Lord is doing right now. Looking down and watching His world from above.

Three things happened today. Obviously, the passing of Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I was wondering as I listened to the MJ stuff about his death. I see all kinds of people gathering outside the hospital. People calling the news stations and crying of his death. Kind of crazy! I did like MJ's music but I would never adore any star like many people are right now.

So it made me think of the "King of Kings." How fast did it spread about his dying on the cross? How much jubilation was there when word of his resurrection got out? Was it like this media craze that it happening right now. Probably not! Those things didn't exist then. Word of mouth was the best way then.

Michael Jackson was probably well known because of his ability to do what he did, but he couldn't save us from our sins or even perform miracles. What I am getting at is that Jesus is my hero and will always be. Not any star! So what do you think God is seeing right now? A world that is in disarray! Many feel losing a pop star is more important than praising God.

Then I think about his feelings toward the way we act. Especially this stuff brewing with North Korea. Korea angers me! How will this work out? If anybody intercepts this ship they will send missiles in the direction of that country. North Korea's leader is a heartless person who's soul has been devoured by Satan! So what is God seeing as He oversees this crazy situation? I'm sure He is in control of it all. He has an answer for it all.

As I looked at this picture it just made think of how I would be sitting on the heavenly throne and seeing all that is happening in our world. How tough it would be to be in control of it all. How irritated you would be to see all that is going on. That is why I am here and God is God and can handle it all. It's my responsibility to bring God the praise He deserves. To bring about the best in people and tell them about my Hero. We can be in shock over someone popular dying or in shock over somebody threatening our world. Yet we can't worry about it all. Because God is watching and wanting us to go on with our lives and not forget him and not forget he is watching, hearing, saving, loving and forgiving us all right now. High above or right beside us he is on alert ready to defeat evil and cure our hearts. Praise God! He's done more than anyone has ever done here on Earth. Take him in and feel his love and show him to as many people as we can.

Did you get an email or a text today? How many people did you show it to? How many people did you send it to? Did you hear a joke today ? I did. I shared it with 5 people, I didn't share Christ with that many people today. I'm ashamed of it too! Last question. How many people did you tell about Michael Jackson dying? Me one! Still that is more people than who I shared Christ with. My score is not very good, tomorrow will hopefully be different. I hope! May God be first in our lives and other things last.

No comments: