Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our LIving Shepherd


If you think our shepherd is not living. You are greatly mistaken. It's hard for us here to be able to visualize Christ by our side, but he is. We always feel that our living here is for us to do. Many live like they are the only one living their own lives. They feel that every decision is theirs. They feel that nothing or nobody is there to guide them through life. So every bad decision they make, they either blame themselves or somebody else. Their life is empty!
We as Christan's have a shepherd who will lead us if we allow him to. Yet, many of us fail in this also. I know a lot of times I feel it is my own will that will get me out of a bad decision. I bring it upon myself to be the decider of my life. Then I wake up and realize Jesus is right there to give me his guidance for my life. In life I have found that when I give it all to Jesus, things become better and less burdensome. He becomes my shepherd that he longs to be.
We all remember when the magic 8 ball was invented. We all wanted to ask a question or make a request. And then when you turned it upside down a little triangle in blue would show an answer. Many times it was what we wanted, but the answer never really came true. We've all asked the magic 8 ball a question and many of us really thought it would give a real answer, only to find it would never come to be true. There is no magic 8 ball or magic wand to make things the way we want them. Even with having Christ, things don't always become the way we want them. He will give us the answers in his own terms. Some answers may have to be tough for us to handle and a little more patience, prayer and faith on our part may be needed. In Christ he will comfort us until the real answer comes to us. Or he will provide us understanding of why we didn't get the answer we longed for. As Christians we can't be disappointed. We must ask him for understanding and be thankful for whatever solution he provides for us. He knows what he is doing. Any solution should suffice us and we must go to him constantly to be given hope in this world.
As our shepherd he will go after any sheep that is lost from the herd. He will keep us in his fold. He knows when we are lost, yet we sometimes have to let out a distress call or in our terms it would be called a prayer. He will seek us out and make us as complete and comfortable as only he can. Being a Christian is a great thing to me. I am thankful for my parents for laying a Christian foundation throughout my life. I am grateful for the people in my church back home for teaching me word of God. They have given me something to hold onto. I am eternally grateful to them.
I hear and see people every day looking to material things as their primary goal in life to satisfy them. Material things can't and never will be a margin for satisfaction. They are a dead end in life. Christ is a long road to travel. Offering wonderful things along the way, that will give us understanding and honest truth. Christ is the true highway to true life and love. Please travel the road to Christ in life and you will come to complete understanding and satisfaction in life. Because he is life. You won't need to take anything with you on the trip. Just a willing and open heart to fill with his unending gifts to a great life. I would leave your magic 8 ball at home you won't need it, true answers are included as part of the trip.

No comments: