Friday, May 25, 2007

REDNECK CRAWFISH BOIL CHURCH OF CHRIST STYLE

If you want to make a YANKEE feel real welcomed in the SOUTH don't take them to a CRAWFISH BOIL! What a weird experience! Our Bible class held a crawfish boil a couple of Saturdays ago. The first picture is the actual crawfish (ALIVE) crawling on top of each other. Wondering how they are going to get out of this huge blue rubbermaid tub. The second picture is the kids tormenting the poor varmints to death by picking them up by their whiskers. If this didn't have PETA in an uproar I don't what couldn't.
Being the YANKEE I will always be, I didn't know what to expect. The crawfish are still alive and before they boil them, they poor salt water on them to put them in shock so they shoot all the POOP out of them. (That was exciting) They became very active then really trying to get out. Then they put them in the the huge vat and give them a good steam for about 15 minutes. I thought there were going to be some other dishes to choose from, little did i know that all the other dishes were in the same vat boiling with our little crawfish. They cooked the corn on the cob, sausage, whole red potatoes and mushrooms in one big pot. Along with HOT CAJUN SPICES!
So time went on nobody said it was time to eat and I was getting pretty hungry and wondering when the dinner bell was going to ring. It never rang! So I went up to the table and saw people eating. This was the odd part, they had spread the searcy daily citizen newspaper over top of the picnic tables and dumped all the food on the tables. I was like OK! Now where are the plates? No plates we ate like a bunch of homeless people in front of the pile of dead crawfish and other very spicy food. CRAZY! But they were good and HOT! You must experience a Crawfish Boil. It will definitely change your mind about the SOUTH! I already knew they were Idiots I just didn't know they would actually show it. Thank the Lord above I was born in the NORTH. Forever A Yankee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The picture of the kids tormenting the Crawfish didn't not appear for some reason I'll put it separate later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have been reduced to crawfish boils, you better get back north...AND FAST! And I thought the COON SUPPER at Highway church of Christ was gross!! And I believe I would have requested a plate....lol. Heck...just tear me off a piece of cardboard or something.