Friday, May 11, 2007

My Loving Mother !



Where would we be without our Mothers? I know I couldn't survive without mine. My mother has been there for me, no matter what. Through tears, happiness and sickness she was always there for me. She worked hard to give me and Paula all that we have, and I'm not talking about material possessions but spiritual. I owe my faith to God and both my Mom and Dad. God laid the foundation and my parents nurtured and carried it out and through great faith I passed it on to my children.

There will never be anybody in my life who is such a fine example. I wish I had her energy and kind heart. She gives and continues to give and never lets up one bit. Those who know my mother should be blessed by her example because there will never be another like her. She has touched many peoples lives by just the way she is.

I remember so many things of my childhood and I think of my mother. I have the song from the Dean Reality commercial memorized because I heard it every night when my mom would rock me to sleep in the rocking chair. It went like this: "Get on the Deans list, William Deans the one. William realty gets it done. When you want satisfaction action pact know how, then get on the deans list now." That's Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody who lived in the late 70's in Wheeling knows that song. When I watch the Price is right I remember going to Charity Echols apartment in Warwood when mom would do her hair. She always have it on her TV.

I gave Brayden a baseball I had in a little plastic holder. He asked why it was so special and why it was in plastic casing. I told him his Grandma worked hard for that ball. It was my first homerun I hit in little league at Mt. Olivet field. It was a 3 run dinger that bounced across the road and into the woods and Grandma chased that ball and was told give it back and she said she wasn't giving it back. I can understand though it was a nice shot over the fence. But she loved me enough to chase it down and then strong enough to tell the umpire and the coaches she was keeping it.

I am thankful for my Mother and the love she has given me in the past and continues to give to this present day. My faith in God is because of her and I'm grateful for that everyday. Thank you Mom for your love and all that you've done for me. You are my example in my life and my strength in raising my children every day. We love you always, Clint , Shannon, Brayden, Macy and Cayden.

No comments: