Thursday, January 10, 2008

God Answering Prayers


I joined this website the other night called "GodTube." There is a video I have watched at least 15 times, and every time I do it brings me to tears. I think Niki put the link on her blog a couple of months ago. Look back through her old blogs and find it, it's amazing to watch.
This website is a very good site for linking Christians worldwide. But I clicked an icon that was titled "The Prayer Wall." So I clicked and read. You wouldn't believe how this click changed me. So many prayers on this wall, people full of hurt. Asking for prayers of others and offering their own prayers for themselves. So I sent a few messages to some of them, and I got hooked. I wanted to answer them all, but I couldn't I was getting a headache, my eyes were getting tired. But I felt I need to say something to these people in distress. Eventually I had to quit, I felt I could do all I could for one night.
This reminded me of the movie "Bruce Almighty" where he curses God and then God comes to him and gives Bruce His Almighty powers. There is a point in the movie where Bruce starts hearing all these voices in his head and has no clue what's going on. He comes to find out they are the prayers of all the people of the world. He tells them to shut- up and they just continue. He struggles to find a way to answer all their prayers so he googles them and the computer answers them all with the word "YES." Everybody gets what they want, bad choice Bruce!
I felt like that with so many prayers laid out on this wall. How could I as a person send them all an answer. It was tiring for the 20 I did send a message to. It's a good thing God is not like me or Bruce. How many prayers are offered to God daily? How does He do it? I don't know!
It's good to know that our Father in Heaven does not tire ever! Our world would not be, if He did. The Bible says "pray without ceasing." And we shouldn't, prayer should be a normal routine for all of us. Did God hear a prayer from you today? He heard a few of mine today.
I was talking with a guy who served in Iraq last year in the army. He told me about how everything stops in the area he was in when it's time for the Muslims to pray. Everything stops!
Where have you been during the day when everything STOPS, and it's time for all Christians to pray? We have already been defeated by the Muslims in this category. I wonder why they look on Christians in shame. Maybe we should try and catch up with them, "ASAP."
Pray for yourself and pray for others, make it a daily habit. And remember you can do it all day long if you want!

No comments: