Friday, January 04, 2008

It Was Nice Being Home : )



Well I can say we had a super nice visit in Wheeling. I wasn't ready to go, actually none of us were, but the Arkansas tractor beam was tugging at us. So I guess we had to make the trek back.
It always feels more like Christmas up there than it does down here, I guess it's the boring weather we have in Arkansas. We might get snow once a year but up in WV there always that chance of getting some snowy weather.
It is always nice to see people at church and get to visit with everybody. Even though my kids were pulling down the pulpit area and Macy was trying to talk in the microphone. I still got some time to talk to everybody. I asked Harold Thomas to yell at my kids while they were up there messing around. He did it didn't faze them one bit. Boy, I would've turned pale as a ghost if he yelled at me.
Mom and Dad out did themselves again to host us for 9 days. I'm so thankful for my parents and my sister I miss them very much. Thank you guys for everything.
Christmas eve is probably my favorite time of the season, it was a little louder this year with 5 wild and loud kids plus Chuck. It was fun though, I just wish my Papaw could've been there with us. I'm sure he was.
We were all glad to get back to Arky and get back to normal life. The ride was longer going back than it was going up. Wheeling will always be my favorite place to be, you really don't know how special something is until you let it go. I pray for everybody's well being and hope everybody has a good 2008. I sincerely love you all. May God bless us in everything we do! I did have my fill of Dicarlo's pizza, the best pizza in the U.S. If anybody was wondering :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, when I saw those boxes of DiCarlo's Pizza I got homesick all over again. (We have officially lived in Daytona for 30 years and I still get homesick. My husband says we are southern folk now, and I have to remind him that he was born above the Mason Dixon Line. LOL The boy doesn't even like grits.) Have you ever tried to explain this pizza to anyone?

Everytime we return to the Ohio Valley (Moundsville), we always stop at Coleman's Fish Market on the way from the airport. Then we usually have DiCarlo's for supper that night if possible.

Glad you had a great Christmas and holiday season. I enjoy reading your blogs and Nikki's too.

If you are ever in Daytona, stop by the Church of Christ on Beville Road.

God bless you and yours.

"Charlie"

Clint Singer said...

Thanks for your comment Charlie. I am actually craving Di Carlo's right now. My normal order: 6 pieces extra cheese. I've tried to explain it to people here in Arkansas but they don't get too excited. My wife has finally got the taste for it after nine years of marriage to me, and my boys love it! Colemans fish sandwich sounds good also! Thanks for reading! Clint :)