Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Are We Sick Of Favre Yet?


I'm not quite sick of Brett Favre yet, but I am sick of all the hoopla about him. Every time I turn on ESPN to see some baseball highlights, it's about Favre, again.
I wish they would make a decision on what to do or where to send him? Even Brett is getting tired of it all. Send him to the Bucs or Jets and let the man do his QB magic somewhere else.
Wouldn't it be funny if he did go to another team and win a Superbowl, and the Packers finished with a losing record.
I like Favre though, he was a great QB and probably still has some gas in the tank yet. He didn't play like most QB's do. He cherished a good solid hit, and asked "Is that all you got?" Who would've thought that a kid from a small college in Mississippi would end up being the all time record holder as an NFL QB. He was fun to watch and I hope he plays as a starter this year for some good team.
All week they have been trying to find out what's going to happen with him. I kept saying "Just send him to the Steelers, we have a spot for him, I'm sure." He just can't take over Ben's position, unless Ben starts out throwing a lot of interceptions and really looks bad. But the Steeler Nation doesn't need a QB, we got a good one already. We love Big Ben!
So I am almost at my favorite time of year again. When hockey ends and the Penguins pack up and leave the igloo, I start thinking about September and football. What a great time of year, there is nothing like College and NFL football. I'm ready to get my fantasy football league together and start watching all the highlights over and over again. Football is the best sport around, ever! Mountaineer fans have 3 weeks till the Villanova game, I can't wait.

No comments: