Sunday, August 24, 2008


I would have to say the Olympics were pretty good this year. USA did very well with the medal count, and being able to identify the ages of it's athletes correctly. I am glad the games are over though, I was getting to the point where I was at burn out.
This time of year I am more focused on the upcoming football season and ready to get it started. The Beijing games were very entertaining, especially Phelps winning all his medals. That was very exciting. I wonder why sometimes though it takes the Olympics to bring the world together. There are no political views to deal with just athletics. I wonder if we could settle our wars on the gridiron or the baseball field. There would be no bloodshed no need for innocent people to die. Just a good 9 inning baseball game between Georgia and Russia. If Georgia wins, Russia needs to leave their country in peace. That will never be the way of the world to settle our differences.
Our arrogance as countries need bloodshed to define its power. To settle an issue we have to slaughter sons and daughters, fathers and brothers to show great strength and to get our selfish point across. In my world there would be no need for war just communication and if that doesn't work then it's a smash mouth game of football or hockey. I'm just a dreamer. Things will never be settled in this world unless there is some type of bloodshed. At least if the devil remains in this world, for he is behind every war. It's nice though, that every 4 years we can as a planet of arrogant people can get together and play a sport in unity.

No comments: