Friday, August 08, 2008

Code Adam

I have been through three of these since I started at Lowe's, and everyone has almost given me a panic attack. I don't like them, but I am glad they are very important to stores like Lowe's and Walmart.

If you don't know what it is, then I will be glad to share it with you. A code adam is a call that comes across the P.A. system at stores nationwide. If a kid is lost they call this out and all the exits are guarded and open gates are shut and locked. Stores take these very seriously, and don't hesitate at all when it is called.

Basically, it's for parents who don't watch their kids, yes that is rude but it is true. I see kids roaming all over that store and just shake my head. What are the parents thinking? So we had one tonight and I saw the mother in panic mode and I just said a quick prayer and guard the door. The scary thing about this one was that there was a strange SUV parked outside our gate which is kind of the dead area there. He sat there for awhile and the guy I was working asked him if he needed help. He said he was waiting on somebody. So he pulled out and it wasn't a few minutes later they called a code adam. Things just ran through my head, that that guy took a kid. But it didn't happen, they found the kid and things went back to normal.

I had an email not too long ago, that told a story about one of these code adams. It was at a Sam's somewhere in the U.S. The mother turned around for a second and her little girl was taken out of the cart. She told an employee there and they radioed a code adam. They shut down everything and found her in the restroom crying. Whoever the pervert was had shaved her hair and had a wig for her to wear out and a change of clothes to get out of the store undetected. Sick people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my biggest fear is losing one of my children in a store. It won't ever happen, because they are by my side at all times. We don't let them run away from us at all. I watch these parents on TV in interviews and they are so calm about it. Not me! If someone took one of my children and they did something to them to harm them, that person would want the electric chair. I would go ape on them quick, they couldn't settle me down. If they got sentenced I would ask to be in the same cell with them. They would be asking for death row. We live in a world full of perverted and sick people, and it scares me. Young parents who read this keep your children close to you and never let them be anywhere by themselves at all. May God bless the safety of our children and keep the perverse people of this world away from them.

No comments: