Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Moments In Time


Moments in time. These moments I have been trying to capture and remember, at least the special ones. I try to remember moments in time during my life. I try to always think about the very first moments of my children's life. I want those to always to be fresh in my memory always. I believe those are three out of four moments I always want to remember. My fourth is the day I was baptized. I always want to keep that fresh in my memory. But there are so many others I want to always remember. Look back on your life and think about those special moments. Think about how you felt when they occurred and how grateful you should be to God for allowing you to be there when they happened.
When I closed my eyes the other day in worship and listened to the singing I was grateful for it happening. It made me think about what the singing will be like in heaven. Can you even imagine? I try but I will never even come close. But God gives us a preview every Sunday when we all sing together.
The other night I was holding Cayden and just thought how fast he is growing, and how fast he is picking up words. He doesn't let us spend much time holding him anymore, but when I do, I cherish that moment.
Moments happen everyday and alot of them we let slide by and never think to capture them the way we wished. I remember all three births of our children and the magic that was present there. I think back to the waiting and the pain that Shannon endured and how she wanted them to come. When they did we all held our breath and waited for the first scream. What a moment in time.
We need to all slow down and capture the day that our Lord has blessed us with, and see the special moments He gives us to see His greatness. We want to see magic everyday and alot of times we end the day disappointed. But everyday there is Holy magic going on, we just don't see it the way he wants us to see it.
When I wake up in the morning I know who is up already just by the footsteps of each child. When I hear those footsteps and I know instantly who's they are, that is a magic moment of God. I cherish it everyday, and I am thankful.
I wonder what special moments in time God will allow me to capture tomorrow? As we labor through time let us cherish every moment he has planned for us so that we can use those moments to relive the past and smile for a long time.

No comments: