Monday, June 09, 2008

The Singing Voice- Praising Our Creator With It.


Sunday morning as I sat in church I shut my eyes and just listened to the singing. I completely quit singing and just listened to the congregation sing as a whole. I didn't try to pick out different parts of the harmony, I just listened to the symphony of voices sing. If you have never done this you might need to give it a try. I couldn't believe how strong the sound was and how together it was. There was nothing to interrupt the beautiful voices that God created to give him praise, no drums, no guitars, no organs and no piano. Just a created group of sound as a whole. Our voices beautifully hand made by the conductor in heaven.
I've always heard the battle of no musical instruments in church just the "a capella" voices only. As we know the Bible doesn't come right out and say no instruments in worship, but if you close your eyes and just listen I believe that argument is solved. I've been in churches that have used musical instruments in worship and it just interferes with the singing. Nobody really seems like they know what part to sing so they all just sing the main melody. Which to me that just doesn't seem very special, the organ just leads this boring monotone song.
But everybody has their own preference of the way they want to sing in church, and again I'm not judging or sending anybody to hell.
I've closed my eyes many times in church and just listened. For some reason it hit me Sunday morning as I listened to the words and heard the marvelous sound of the created singing voice of our Holy God. It just made me think how wonderful He is to give us such a great gift and talent to sing His praises. Thank you God for this moment in time.

No comments: