Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cancer



Does it seem like a lot of people are getting cancer these days? I hear about all the advances they have made in cancer research, and how many are surviving this dreaded illness. But it just seems like we hear about somebody else has been diagnosed all the time. I often wonder what is causing it.

There is a sister of a teacher at the academy who just received word that her cancer is out of remission and it has spread to her lung. It just stumps me why so many are getting it.

I understand lung cancer because of smoking, but breast cancer is one you hear of a lot. Shannon received her Susan G. Komen shirt the other day for the race for the cure and for some reason she got two shirts. One was the regular shirt for the race and the other was a pink shirt that said survivor. I thought about that for the past couple of days. It kind of made me sad, but glad at the same time. The people who wear that shirt are very proud and excited to be wearing that shirt. They are happy they can wear it, and overjoyed to tell people that yes many do survive.

I pray that I never get that bad news one day, but if I do I hope I have the courage to face it. My former manager at AT&T received that message one day but she can gladly say she is a survivor of it. I wonder why God allows so many people to get cancer, but then you sit back and look at what He has done for us all in research. He has allowed researchers to see the hope for a cure, but has not given them the cure yet. I hope that those who are doing the research for cancer and various other diseases are praying to God for more information to allow them some new and positive discoveries on this illness.

I hope we will all pray for those who have cancer and that all may be healed. May God bless us all!

No comments: