Saturday, September 20, 2008

Is Your Name In His Book?


As I read the book of Revelations this week, it always makes me fearful. I often wonder if my name will be in God's book of life. I feel as a Christian I don't do enough and feel I am unworthy of His calling. Sure I believe in God and that he sent his Son to die for me on the cross. But many believe that is enough to get to Heaven. I don't believe that after reading Revelations. Because it says we will be judged according to what we have done.
I know we can never repay God for his grace he has lavished on us, but we just can't sit on our hands and think believing is all we need. It helps to have faith but faith without deeds is not enough as it states in the book of James. We must constantly work, we cannot brush aside the needs of others. You just can't walk up to a homeless person and say I will pray for you and ignore their needs. We have the ability to get that person some help by feeding them and getting them the help they need.
A friend of mine had bought a homeless man a Wendy's gift card and the homeless man asked if he could use it for his other homeless friends. WOW, a man in need wanted to help his other friends in need. That's incredible. I want to help the homeless in some way. I always route for the underdog. Because I have always felt I was an underdog. I believe God programmed me this way. I don't want money, I want those in need to have money. I want those who have had cancer and got better to have lots of money to be able to pay the massive medical bill they got from the greedy doctors and hospital.
I often wonder why the wrong people win the lottery. They have no clue how to use that money, they blow it on worthless and meaningless things. Yet there are those who would love to have that money to get to those who desperately need it.
I always wonder though what we need to be doing to be in that book. I want to be in it, and all of those I have known and loved to be in the heavenly book also. As I approach the age of 35 next month I start to think of my heavenly reward. It scares me because I really don't do anything to help others out. I'm going to start now. I would love to help those in the hurricane, but I have been dealing with some major back pain and some weird stuff going on with my inner ear. So it hinders me from doing anything like that. But I am praying things will work out soon and I can be able to help out. I often think of mother Teresa. She had basically nothing but her soul on this earth. She gave to those in need, always. When she won the nobel peace prize, she gave the large sum of money to the poor. She just amazed me.
I write this blog as a ministry to those who need it, I feel it is the best thing and the best way to get God's word out. But I feel its not enough. I pray we all can reach out to someone today and give them the physical and spiritual help they need. May God bless us in all our good works. Remember he's not tallying what we have done, but we need to do something more to return our appreciation back to him.

No comments: