Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Families fighting with one another.



I try to understand why family members fight. It just doesn't make any sense at all. Nobody in my family are having any quarrels right now. But there is always a certain person in the family circle that can cause tension. Why is that?

Our family is supposed to be our closest Allie. Family members are to have each others backs, no matter what. I'm big on family. Especially my family back home and the little one God has created for Shannon and I. I have always been proud of my family bloodlines. I love every cousin, Uncle and aunt that God has blessed me with. I have great memories with all of them. Never once do I remember hearing of fights among any member. I never heard of any of them ever not talking to each other for any reason. The Massey family has always been a tight knitted bloodline.

I believe the strength of our family circle is Christ. We all believe and stay strong with our Lord and Savior. We know how important Christ is to our family and the important role he plays in keeping the peace between families. We hear every day about how the American family is falling apart. How the divorce rate continues to sky rocket through the roof. How families fall apart because of adultery and selfishness.

If the world would realize how important Christ is to the marriage and relating to other family members, maybe things could change. Yet we continue to deal with it ourselves and keep Christ out of our marriages and our extended families. It's ashame that many can allow an argument to linger for many years and just remain unsolved. Years go by and family members continue to hate each other because nobody has the nerve or guts to apologize. A lady I work with said the other day her husband and his sister haven't talked in a least a year. She said it is over something so childish it eats at her all the time. I told her that it is their business and they need to put their childish ways behind them and love one another. She is caught in the middle and is tired of it. I told her it's not her business, just tell them you are done and you have more to live for than two peoples selfishness. I don't think she told them that, but it is true. Why be caught in the middle of something and ruin your life worrying about them. Just move on and tell them they are not worth wasting your time on.

Families need to love at all times. We can't waste our time on silly arguments and childish behavior. We have better things to do than fight with one another. Love is kind. We need to realize that God bound our families together for a reason. Not to break them apart for petty arguments and ignorance. Feed my sheep has stuck in my mind today. In John 21:17 Jesus asks peter three times if he believed in him. The third and final time Jesus tells Peter to "Feed his sheep." I believe a family bound together in Christ and united with him in love, are feeding his sheep. When people talk about your family and how strong of a bond there is among cousins, uncles, aunts and grandparents. I believe we are feeding His sheep. By our example we will reach somebody who is looking for a special bond like that. When I look at some of the people in our Church who have been married for 40 years or more I believe their example is feeding his sheep. Giving young couples the strength to know that the world is wrong. That as long there is love and Christ in a marriage, people do fight for each other and stay married.

If you have family members who are not talking to each other and you are tired of it, tell them and unite them. If you know of marriages that are falling apart, show them the reason your marriage has lasted so long. Speak up and feed his sheep. Love one another and put Christ on the front lines of the battle. You really don't have to put him on the front line , he's already there. May God bless our families and may we fight for one another.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuz

I'm sure we fought over Star Wars toys.

Clint Singer said...

Or baseball cards!