Monday, February 16, 2009

Macy's Salad of Yuck!



Macy and I went to eat lunch together today at Mazzio's. As we went in I asked her if she wanted to eat here and she said "yes." She wanted to make her favorite salad. That is all she ate and she loved it. I was totally grossed out as I ate. I showed her all the good pizza on the buffet, but she just wanted that salad.

It is a combination of green olives, black olives shredded cheddar cheese and gobs of ranch dressing. She had two plates of it. I have no idea where she gets her taste buds from, but it is not from me.

It was nice to go to lunch with her though. It's hard to get one on one time with each child. We often think each child gets enough attention, but they really don't. I believe each child needs one on one time with a parent. They often need a break from the other siblings and need to be singled out some times. And that is what we did, and it was nice.

2 comments:

Andrew Hill said...

What a great dad you are!

Molly said...

I used to fill myself to the gills with rolled up pepperoni with cheddar cheese in the middle when we went to salad bars. Disgusting. That's a sweet mental picture of you and your little girl out to lunch together.