Sunday, September 13, 2009

Missing Oppurtunities From God. Lacking in Our Faith.

I don't give God the praise he deserves.  I get so wrapped up in the daily routine that I miss great oppurtunties to give praise to God the Father.  There are times in my life that I want to set the world on fire. To show others how many oppurtunities that God has given us.  Yet, I stayed away from them because I wanted to play it safe.  I didn't want to miss out, but I wanted to play the role of safety.  I believe God wants us to take the risks, he wants us to take a leap of faith and trust in him.  But we don't! Some do and have found great blessings by doing the leap. 

I don't want to play it safe anymore.  I want to be that person that takes a huge step out of my comfort zone and takes the risk.  If we fall on our face we can always get back up and take another punch or we can play it safe and duck the punch.  I usually am the person who is a day late and a dollar short.  That's how things have always panned out.  Maybe I missed the voice of God calling me to take a step toward an oppurtunity that he had planned for me.  Missing the chance to serve him through another person, is something i always play it safe with.  To me that is a very sad oppurtunity missed, and it saddens him because I had a small faith.  We as Christians need to look very closely at oppurtunities to grab an  offer from God.

I have been reading about how we should see with the eyes of Christ.  Our goals in life should not be about oppurtunties of making money, but chances to see others with the compassion of Christ.  To see somebody in need of love and a slight glimpse of hope.  We have been given more than our cup can hold from God.  He wants to be served and loved by serving others in the name of Christ. Money is nice, but it doesn't buy our complete satifaction and never will.  But serving others is how we will find a lot of satisfaction in life.  Satan wants nothing holy in our lives, so he takes us and makes us timid and selfish and we stay right where he wants us.  He keeps us focused on ourselves and keeps us from seeking the oppurtunity that God wants us to take on.  Our world wants us to be completely focused on our needs and satisfaction.  We need to take the leap of faith and seek God's oppurtunities as he presents them for us to do. May God bless us with a faith in him that will take on his unseen journey for us and others. 

No comments: