Sunday, September 20, 2009

So The Glory Of God May Be Revealed


I think this is a super idea for handicap kids to do. I found this picture on a friends Facebook page tonight. Her stepson is handicap and it was his first tops soccer game.  It's awesome to see something like this going on for these precious children.  The last time I passed a handicapped child it broke my heart.  It just kills me to see a child like that.  But it is humbling at the same time.  My complaints seem worthless and I feel puny.  I have no reason to complain when I see and think of children who are handicapped.  They have had a much tougher road than you and I will ever know.  I often think about the courage of these parents to live everyday to see their child in this condition.  I really think all those parents would trade positions with their child every day if they could.  We think the parents have a tough time with raising a handicap child, and we feel sorry for them.  But I believe that child is given to parents who are humbled by the experience.  I have never known a parent who was ticked off at God because they were dealt a bad card.  No! That child is well cared for and loved. 

I remember the verse in the Bible when the disciples asked about the handicapped person.  They asked, "Who sinned him or his parents?"  Jesus said it happened to reveal the glory of God.  It does, it allows us to see our selfishness and allows us to see how God works through everything and everyone.  It awakens us to think less of our complaints and allows us to want to love more.  Almost every person whom I have known handicapped are strong individuals that have excepted their inability to do most things and carry on with daily life.  We as individuals are constant complainers and really feel we deserve better.  But we have no excuse to complain about anything. Use your God given abilty and talent to give hope to all.  Include all, in every one of your activities.  Don't exclude anybody for any reason.  Show God's love to all and let the world know of God's love through our daily example.  Make footprints in time. 

No comments: