Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A Very Good Speech!

I usually watch these Presidential addresses when they are on.  I remember when I was little and I would complain because they were on and keeping me from watching a certain program.  I used to complain when Clinton or Bush were going to speak, but now I really don't complain.  Tonight was a great speech, I never really study these speeches ever, but I did tonight.  I knew there would be some tension in the room where Obama spoke this evening.  At one point somebody yelled out "It's a lie!"  It's the first time I have seen that happen.  It disrurpted his speech for a moment, but it did not stop Obama from making his point. 

It was very clear in the speech of what his intentions are for health care reform, and I agree with it.  It sounded really like a good plan.  Obama addressed the lies, which was a very good thing to do.  A lot of the fear and anger have been because of all the misleading accusations from others who don't want health care reform. 

I noticed something different about this President than all the former ones.  He fights for the underdog, he believes we can all be on the same page in life and he wants to help all who can't help themselves.  I also noticed that when people stood there and clapped he didn't stand there and enjoy the applause like former Presidents.  He wanted to speak ang not stand in the glory he was being given.  If you watch this speech with an open mind, and hear without prejudice ears you will hear and see what I heard.  I'm not an Obama praiser or do I support all his actions, but I did see something I liked about him though.  Hopefully, this reform on healthcare will pass and workout the way he thinks it will and will do all he says it will do, then maybe we can all rest and finally feel good about something he did!  May God Bless Us all

No comments: