Saturday, December 30, 2006

My Best Little Friend !


I can't even express how much I love this little boy. Today he is 7 years old. My little Brayden was born at 12:57 PM December 30, 1999. As a father I can say I very proud of him. He has brought me and his mother great joy and love these past 7 years.
I remember the first night we brought him home from the hospital, it was the Y2K New Year's Eve. While the entire world was worrying about the computers shutting down and the world coming to an end, I worried about him and his new life on earth. I didn't go and buy groceries in great fear of Y2K. I didn't worry about some worthless computer shutting down and not being able to survive in the world. I thought about him. I hoped he would have a good first night at home, I hoped he would not stop breathing during the night. I just thought about my brand new son and his comfort in his new home.
I hope I have been a good example to him. I pray I have done everything right and not mislead him in any way. While other parents push their children to be doctors or atheletes, I hope he grows up to be a preacher or a strong warrior for the Lord. I hope he wins as many as possible and never lets God out of his sight. I hope he prays every night and makes reading his Bible a main priority before he goes to bed at night. God has taught me a lot through this child, of how important my role is for him. As a parent I am resposible for his eternity. What foundation I lay down early in all three of my childrens lives will be the result of that Godly foundation continuing throughout their lives. WOW ! That's a great responsibility.
I'm thankful for December 30, 1999. While civilization thought the world was ending ,my world was just beginning. Happy Birthday Brayden, We love you!

No comments: