Monday, April 07, 2008

I can't stop thinking about the Powell family.


I just can't stop thinking of this little guy. I wish I had met this little child. I continue to read the updates on his website, his father continues to update on it. His last update was heart breaking. He said that Ethan has been in Heaven for 54 hours and 12 minutes. They are in complete misery, and I can't blame them. I have held all three of my children alot more the last couple of days since the passing of Ethan.
I can't imagine what they are going through. When you become a parent for the first time, that child is your prize possession. You want to protect them so much, you don't want to be away from them at all.
I remember when Brayden had to sleep in that suitcase for his jondis (I have no idea how to spell that word), it broke my heart. But that was nothing compared to a child battling cancer. Constant prayer and many nights up worrying about them and when God will give you His grace for healing of the cancer.
Losing a child is probably the most frightening thing a parent can go through. I say I couldn't handle it, but God will never give you more than you can handle. I took Cayden to bed tonight and we just looked in the mirror and I thought how crushed I would be if anything would happen to him. As I walked Brayden and Macy into school this morning, I just walked behind them and just watched them. Not a care in the world, just doing their normal routine. But to me it was more than that, I love taking them to school even though they sometimes fight on the way. After this weekends event with the loss of Ethan I couldn't be without them one moment. They are an amazing gift from God and I will take care of those little presents as much as I can.
Please continue to pray for the Powell family and the many other parents facing the same situation. Pray for all the little children in this world and for their little futures.

No comments: