Friday, April 04, 2008

Rough Weather Night For US!


It's was a rough night for the entire state of Arkansas. This is a picture of a tornado that hit down toward Little Rock. They were the ones that recieved the worst damage.
There was a storm cell that broke loose from the original line of storms that landed tornadoes in Hot springs, Benton, Bryant, Little Rock , Jacksonville, Cabot and then it came directly through Searcy. It was probably the worst storm I have seen in a long time. So the sirens went off here about 11 o'clock. We had to wake up the kids get their shoes on and head to our little Fraidy hole below the house. Pouring down rain lightning everywhere, it looked like something out of the movie twister. Shannon was looking out the door of the basement and saw our neighbor pacing back and forth in his carport. It was pretty crazy, but I think we all had fun going through it. So the sirens quit and we headed back up to the house. It wasn't thirty minutes later that another storm had just come through Conway and was approaching us quick. This one was looking massive and scary, it had 10 signs of rotation in it. I said kids put your shoes on were going back down, Shannon said she wasn't going. My eye brows came together and I said you're crazy!
So the sirens went off again and we sat there watching the TV, Brayden is yelling at me that I am crazy for sitting there and not going downstairs. So I said let's go. I took Cayden and Brayden down in the Sequoia and headed down to the room. Bad mistake it was flooded in front of the door with about 3 inches of rain. So I wheeled the car in the grass. The tires started spinning, GREAT!
So I backed it out in a massive rain storm and drove up the road, big mistake because there was three inches of rain running down the street. By the time we got back into the garage the sirens had quit and the storms seemed to be over. Ah, I just love Arkansas!

No comments: