Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rain, Tornadoes and Lightning Go Away!



Here is what our weather map looked like for today, a slight to moderate risk of severe weather. How fun! I believe a tornado touched down in the southern part of the state, but it missed us again. So we got at least 4 inches of rain this afternoon, it was a washout. My house will be floating down the street soon if it doesn't quit. I'm getting tired of the sound of the "beep,beep,beep" in the middle of a show telling us we still have a tornado and severe thunderstorm warning on our county and state. I think we know by now!
On a better note how about that 4- 0 shutout by the Penguins in the first game of the playoffs against the Senators. Michael, Michael Motorcycle! As Mike Lang would say after a goal.
It's a good thing my mother didn't come down here for Macy's birthday, she would not have survived our weather down here. Last year they were here and they had to go through a tornado with us in the basement of our house. The tornado hit about 6 miles from us, and she was calling everybody back home to say she loved them if she didn't make it. Bless her heart! Dad stood outside the door looking at the sky, I know he was wanting to see a tornado. Brayden was yelling, "Pappy are you crazy, get inside."
I've come to not be as shaky as I used to be about tornadoes. I used to worry all day about them arriving, I don't think nothing about them until that siren goes off and then I'm about to fill my diaper. Having a safe room makes me feel a little better. When we lived in the apartment all we had was a bathtub to hide in, luckily the potty was right next to it. Of course the safe room has to be proven before I can say it's a safe haven. Hopefully, we will never have to prove it, EVER! I'll just always believe it's safe.

No comments: